Monday, January 24, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes!

Last night we were over at my parent's house for dinner and we hit the jackpot...mini reese PB cups!  Today while the boys were napping I better find a way to put them to good use...  What better way than CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES!!!

Here is the line-up
(plus 2tbsp of milk...I was not sure if I was going to use it or not at this point!)
 Mix up the cake batter according to the package directions...the only thing I do differently is to use margarine instead of oil.

Pour the batter into the liners...that pitcher in this picture is one my G-ma made me and is my absolute fav for this job...never a drip!!!
 Unwrap all of the mini reese cups and plunk one into each cupcake.  You do not need to cover it or push it down because the cupcake will rise around it!  Toss them in the oven for about 18-20 minutes.

While the cupcakes are cooking you can get started on the icing...especially if you have kids napping that may be up any minute!

Mix 1 cup of PB with one block of cream cheese...
 like so
 Add 2 cups of icing sugar and 2 tbsp of milk and you end up with this peanut buttery, cream cheesey wonderfulness. {just a funny little side note - I had friends over this morning and I was asking them what they thought about a PB/CC icing...and one of them said of course it would be good because ANYTHING mixed with PB is good! hahaha, and I am kind of the opposite - I think that ANYTHING mixed with cream cheese is good!}

All that's left to do is ice the cupcakes!  Just make sure that your cupcake is cool before icing (like I mentioned earlier if you are expecting a little one up anytime you can speed up the process...I put my cupcakes outside to cool off...maybe it was more because I was desperate to taste one than being worried about the boys getting up!)
 and the inside! mmmmm, I will forsure be making these again!

Chocolate PB Cupcakes with PBCC icing
- prepare cupcake batter according to the package
-fill liners about 1/2 full and pop a mini reese cup into the batter
-bake for about 18-20minutes
-begin preparing frosting by mixing one cup of PB with one block of CC
-add 2 cups of icing sugar and 2 tbps of milk and beat until smooth
-ice your cupcakes
-ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. oh my god, you should be here any minute and I cannot freaking wait! I'm heading down to pace the lobby now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was soooooo good! Anything with peanut butter is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm where was my delivery?! haha just kidding, I'm just spoiled by you!! Now you've got me expecting treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so amazing! I'm a brand new follower. I am now obsessed with your Etsy store and your blog! I enter your giveaway you are hosting at, "It's a Crafty Life" and I really really hope I win!

    www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...