Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I was in junior high I took home ec.....and I did not really like it at all.  Looking back it seems weird because right now I would love to teach it, and I have always loved craft and cooking stuff, but for some reason or another I didn't like the class back then.  The ONE good thing that did come out of it was this recipe for reverse chocolate chip cookies...one of my favs!

The line-up!

Start by using the wire whisk and beat together your marg, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
 Next you need to switch to the flat beater and add in the dry ingredients one at a time...here it is with everything except the cocoa...
 and now with the cocoa!  Take your bowl off of the mixer and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
 Add in the white chocolate "chips" and mix by hand.  (I use dipping chocolates cut in half instead of actual white chocolate chips)
 Using a tablespoon measure drop the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet...if you are not currently using parchment paper you should totally give it a try...I love it!!!
 Bake for 8-9 minutes at 350.  I went to take a picture of the finished cookies and this was all that was left....someone else got to the cookies before I did!  They are that good!!!

Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies
-1/2 cup marg
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
-1tsp vanilla
-1 egg (at room temp...if you have time!)
-1 cup flour
-1/2tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-50mL cocoa
-1/2 cup white chocolate wafers cut in half (I did use more in this batch just because I did not want to save the few I would have had left)

Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes, makes 30 cookies

2 comments:

  1. This is not the post of someone who was up too last last night!!! Good work Lady! These are a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Still have the original recipe you gave me way back then. I should make them again soon. No, better not. You know me and cookies. Bake 'em - EAT 'em... All

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...