Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oreo Creamcheese Goodness...I mean truffles!

Last year around this time I found a mind-blowing, 3 ingredient recipe.  They were SO good that I decided that they could only be made as Valentine's day treats otherwise we would be eating them non-stop.  I figured that it is now close enough to Valentines day that I could make some...

The line-up...that's right you only need three ingredients to create these yummies!
 Throw the oreos into the blender and grind the crap out of them.  I do one row of the tray at a time, and mix them up until it looks like oreo cookie crumbs.
 Just like so...
 Put all of the crumbs into a bowl and mix with one block of creamcheese...it is quite an arm workout.  I am actually not quite sure why I mix this by hand instead of the kitchenaid, I guess the spoon is easier to lick off than the kitchenaid attachment!
 mmmm
 Once it is all mixed up put it in the fridge for an hour or so.  Then roll it into 1" balls...I couldn't tell you how many the recipe makes because there were five of us sneaking tastes!
 After the dough is all in the 1" balls put it in the freezer for an hour or so, it makes it WAY easier to dip in the chocolate!

Use melting chocolate and dip each ball into the chocolate...I did not get any pictures of this because you have to move fast...dip, shake off extra chocolate, sprinkle, and repeat!
 so. freaking. yummy!
 All packaged up ready to gift!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ours were were gone before we got home! SO delish! great first pic with the damask background, very professional:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog Stacey! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...