Friday, February 4, 2011

Heart Day Garland

I found this garland over on Sweet Bee Buzzings and I just HAD to make it!

All you need is some felt, scissors, some sort of heart tracer (i used a cookie cutter), some ribbon, and a sewing machine! (this picture is missing the sewing machine and ribbon because they were downstairs and I really did not want to go down and get them for the picture...I will try to step it up for my next post!!! hahaha)

Trace the hearts onto a sheet of felt...if you are good at drawing them free-hand you could go ahead and just giv'er!  As I am typing this up I am thinking that it would be totally cute with a bunch of different styles and sizes of hearts!  Someone try it and send me pics!

 The cut out hearts!

I started by sewing some ribbon to the first heart...the front...

The back...

Then I just started feeding the hearts through the machine.  I sewed them together as close as I could although there are a few small gaps between hearts at some places.  I used white thread...mostly because it was already on the machine, and like I mentioned earlier I was not feeling overly ambitious tonight!  I love it with the white but it would have been cute with red, pink, or maybe even brown!  So whoever makes the random heart garland can try a different colour! ha!

When I hit the end I added another piece of ribbon.

The garland!!!

LOVES IT!!!

Hanging on our mantle which is at the moment decorated with DVDs, remotes, and some coasters...I will work on that!

So FUN!!!

I cut six pieces of felt into hearts and it made 2 separate strings of garland...or I could have made one REALLY long one!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...